PhoreMost® are looking for talented and innovative scientists to join our functional genomic screening team and support our revolutionary discovery campaigns. We have developed a next-generation, high-throughput screening platform called SITESEEKER® to identify the best new targets for future therapy and the mechanisms to drug them. Our technology is positioned to massively expand the diversity of novel therapeutics for several key diseases of unmet clinical need – we are drugging the undruggable.
Who we are:
We are a biotech located in Cambridge, UK that seeks to open up new ‘druggable’ target space using a cutting-edge approach called PROTEINi® (protein interference). This technology has the ability to identify hidden, or cryptic, drug sites in disease-relevant proteins, and then target those sites with first-in-class small molecule or biologic therapeutics.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team you will be responsible for developing and executing assays, including compound screening using fluorescent biochemical assays
• Integrate different projects to support the broader Assay team
• Present results to management and the broader drug discovery team members
• BSc or MSc in life sciences with at least two years research experience in industry
• Biochemical assay development (HTRF, AlphaLisa, ELISA) and optimization experience within drug discovery environment
• Excellent team player, enthusiastic and actively seeking to learn and develop
• Attention to detail, structured thinking, good communication and time management skills
• Committed to the pursuit of new therapies for critical unmet clinical need
Desired additional qualifications (but not required):
• Experience of protein expression (E.coli or mammalian) and purification using commonly used chromatography systems
Time: This is a permanent full-time, laboratory-based position.
Please Email your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role **
Job Applicant Privacy Notice