PhoreMost® is looking for a talented and innovative scientist to join our drug discovery team and support our revolutionary discovery campaigns. We have developed a next-generation, high-throughput screening platform called SITESEEKER® to identify the best new targets for future therapies and the mechanisms to drug them. Our technology is positioned to massively expand the diversity of novel therapeutics for several key diseases of unmet clinical need – we are drugging the undruggable!
Who we are:
We are a biotech company located in Cambridge, UK. We have developed a next-generation high-throughput screening platform called SITESEEKER® to identify the best new targets for future therapy and the mechanisms to drug them. Our SITESEEKER® platform uses a cutting-edge approach called PROTEINi® (protein interference) to identify novel targets. This technology has the ability to identify hidden or cryptic drug sites in disease-relevant proteins that might be missed using conventional methods of target discovery.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for developing and executing a wide range of biochemical assays, including HTRF, FP and other fluorescent based assays for compound profiling
- Integrate within different projects to support the broader Assay team
- Maintain awareness of current developments in literature and contribute with ideas to projects and identify opportunities in the workplace for continuous improvements
- Present results to management and the broader drug discovery team members to help influence and drive our drug discovery projects
- To maintain an awareness of current developments in the literature and contribute to the continuous improvement process by identifying opportunities in the workplace where improvements can be made
- MSc. / PhD or equivalent work experience in life sciences with minimum two years research experience in industry
- Biochemical assay development and optimization experience within drug discovery environment
- Excellent team player, enthusiastic and actively seeking to learn and develop
- Attention to detail, structured thinking, good communication and time management skills
- Committed to the pursuit of new therapies for critical unmet clinical need
Desired additional qualifications (but not required):
- Experience in biophysical assays
Time: This is a permanent full-time, laboratory-based position.
Please Email your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements for this position to email@example.com.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role **
Job Applicant Privacy Notice