PhoreMost® is searching for a Biophysicist to join our team!
Summary: Senior Scientist - Biophysics
PhoreMost® are looking for talented and innovative scientists to join our functional genomic screening team and support our revolutionary discovery campaigns. We have developed a next-generation, high-throughput screening platform called SITESEEKER® to identify the best new targets for future therapy and the mechanisms to drug them. Our technology is positioned to massively expand the diversity of novel therapeutics for several key diseases of unmet clinical need – we are drugging the undruggable.
Who we are:
We are a biotech located in Cambridge, UK that seeks to open up new ‘druggable’ target space using a cutting-edge approach called PROTEINi® (protein interference). This technology has the ability to identify hidden, or cryptic, drug sites in disease-relevant proteins, and then target those sites with first-in-class small molecule or biologic therapeutics.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Working as part of a multidisciplinary team, you will be responsible for generating biophysical data to support small molecule drug discovery projects across our therapeutic areas
• Required to independently develop rational experiments and trouble-shoot when needed
• Project management of CRO interactions for outsourced biophysical experiments
• Present results to management and the broader drug discovery team members
• PhD in life sciences with at least three years subsequent research experience
• Experience in the application of Surface Plasmon Resonance to aid the characterisation of protein molecule interactions
• Expert with Surface Plasmon Resonance systems, preferably Biacore, and associated data processing packages
• Good team player, enthusiastic, exceptionally driven and actively seeking to learn and develop
• Demonstrated capability for successfully and independently balancing the requirements of multiple projects at any given time
• Attention to detail, structured thinking, consistent and reliable, excellent communication
• Committed to the pursuit of new therapies for critical unmet clinical need
Desired additional qualifications (but not required):
• Experience of application of other biophysical techniques (DSF, ITC, MST, NMR) ideally gained in a drug discovery environment
• Experience of protein expression (E. coli or mammalian) and purification using commonly used chromatography systems
• Experience of developing and running biochemical assays
Time: This is a permanent full-time, laboratory-based position.
Please Email your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements for this position to email@example.com.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role
Job Applicant Privacy Notice