PhoreMost® is looking for a talented and innovative computational chemist to join our Drug Discovery team. The position can be appointed at Scientist or Senior Scientist level dependent upon experience. The successful candidate will play a key role in enabling the success of multiple drug discovery programs through computational expertise. The candidate will be required to build a computational chemistry capability within PhoreMost and bring onboard new methodologies to be integrated into the platform. Designing of high-quality molecules that constantly progress closer to the target product profile (potency, selectivity, ADME), in collaboration with medicinal chemists and other interdisciplinary scientists.
Who we are:
We are a biotech company located in Cambridge, UK. We have developed a next-generation high-throughput screening platform called SITESEEKER® to identify the best new targets for future therapy and the mechanisms to drug them. Our SITESEEKER® platform uses a cutting-edge approach called PROTEINi® (protein interference) to identify novel targets. This technology has the ability to identify hidden or cryptic drug sites in disease-relevant proteins that might be missed using conventional methods of target discovery. PhoreMost has developed a number of partnerships and an exciting pipeline of first-in-class drug discovery programmes spanning multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, immuno-oncology, and ageing. Our technology is positioned to massively expand the diversity of novel therapeutics for several key diseases of unmet clinical need – we are drugging the undruggable.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Initially develop a strategy, and build from scratch a fully functioning computational chemistry capability
- Provide computational chemistry support across a portfolio of drug discovery targets from hit identification through to late lead optimization projects
- Contribute scientific ideas and implementation of new cutting-edge techniques
- Work collaboratively within the Drug Discovery and Target Validation groups and across multi-disciplinary teams (potentially including external collaborators)
- Effective communication and presentation of results to diverse audiences including to internal teams and external partners
- Additional Senior Scientist responsibilities may include leading early-stage projects (depending on experience)
- PhD or equivalent in computational chemistry with 2+ years’ experience in the biopharma industry
- Appointment at Principal Scientist level will require minimum 5-10 years postdoctoral experience in an industry setting
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to explain computational methods to a multidisciplinary audience
- Ability to work on multiple programs simultaneously
- Excited about the prospect of artificial intelligence approaches and their application to drug discovery
- Experience with computational chemistry methods like virtual screening, MD, QSAR, PK/PD modelling, quantum chemistry, etc.
- Excellent team player, enthusiastic and actively seeking to learn and develop
- Attention to detail, structured thinking, good communication and time management skills
- Committed to the pursuit of new therapies for critical unmet clinical need
Desired additional qualifications (but not required):
- Experience with protein-protein interaction inhibitor drug discovery
- Experience of machine learning frameworks
- A working knowledge of Python scripting would be useful
Time: This is a permanent full-time, laboratory-based position.
Please Email your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements for this position to email@example.com.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role **
Job Applicant Privacy Notice