Who we are:
We are a new-model Biotech Start-up located in Cambridge, UK that seeks to open up new ‘druggable’ target space using a cutting-edge approach called Protein Interference (PROTEINi®), which has the ability to identify hidden, or cryptic, drug sites in disease-relevant proteins, and then target those sites with first-in-class small molecule therapeutics.
To help us achieve this goal, we are seeking a resourceful Senior Medicinal Chemist who wants to contribute to and shape the future of translational medicine together with us.
- Senior Medicinal Chemist playing a key role in leading drug discovery research projects in collaboration with other team members
- The successful candidate will have a desire to play a role in discovering new treatments across varied disease areas, while working in an innovative and fast-paced small company environment
- Non-laboratory-based role
- Develop and independently manage all medicinal chemistry activities for one or more drug discovery projects
- Manage external academic, industry and CRO relationships
- Communicate complex ideas and concepts to those with more limited knowledge and understanding as well as to peers
- Write and contribute to publications and patents, including presentations at academic or industry conferences
Skills, qualifications and experience needed:
- Minimum undergraduate degree, preferably PhD, in Chemistry or a related discipline.
- Extensive experience in medicinal chemistry and associated methods in the context of small molecule drug discovery, from hit selection through lead optimization and candidate selection
- Experience in using cheminformatics and molecular modelling software, database searching, data handling and analysis
- Research or industry experience in the fields of inhibiting protein-protein interactions is desirable
- Evidence of ability to lead, organise and participate in collaborative research projects
- Evidence of ability to present research findings to a scholarly audience. Developed bibliography of research publications and presentations is desirable
- Fluency in English
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK
Please Email your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements for this position (above) to email@example.com or call +44(0)1223 804163 for more info.
No Recruitment Agencies Please.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice