PhoreMost® is searching for a Target Validation Scientist to join our team!
Summary: Scientist I / II
PhoreMost® is looking for a talented and innovative scientist to join our Target Validation team. We have developed a next-generation high-throughput screening platform called SITESEEKER® to identify the best new targets for future therapy and the mechanisms to drug them. The Target Validation Scientist will play a key role in helping to validate novel targets and to understand the mechanism of hits arising from the SITESEEKER® platform. Additional responsibilities will include providing cell biology support to PhoreMost’s drug discovery campaigns. Our technology is positioned to massively expand the diversity of novel therapeutics for several key diseases of unmet clinical need – we are drugging the undruggable.
Who we are:
We are a biotech company located in Cambridge, UK. Our SITESEEKER® platform uses a cutting-edge approach called PROTEINi® (protein interference) to identify novel targets. This technology has the ability to identify hidden or cryptic drug sites in disease-relevant proteins that might be missed using conventional methods of target discovery. PhoreMost has developed a number of partnerships and an exciting pipeline of first-in-class drug discovery programmes spanning multiple therapeutic areas including oncology, immuno-oncology, and ageing.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Development of disease-relevant cell culture models across a range of therapeutic areas
- Design and perform experiments to validate novel targets utilising tool compounds and genetic knockdown/editing approaches
- Contribute to drug discovery project progression through development of cell-based assay systems that support validation, biomarker and mechanistic studies
- Analysis and interpretation of experimental results to ensure maximum impact to project strategy and decision-making
- Work collaboratively within the Target Validation team and across multi-disciplinary teams (potentially including external collaborators)
- Maintain an up-to-date and accurate electronic laboratory notebook
- Effective communication and presentation of results to diverse audiences including to internal teams and external partners
- PhD or equivalent experience in a relevant life science discipline
- Excellent working experience of mammalian cell culture
- Knowledge/experience in cell and molecular biology techniques (e.g. western blotting, RT-PCR, imaging, ELISA and other plate-based assays)
- Excellent team player, enthusiastic and actively seeking to learn and develop
- Attention to detail, structured thinking, good communication and time management skills
- Committed to the pursuit of new therapies for critical unmet clinical need
Desired additional requirements:
- Experience with techniques commonly used for target validation studies (incl. siRNA, shRNA, CRISPR, tool compounds)
- Experience developing assays to assess phenotypic endpoints and/or pathway modulation
- Research experience within an industry setting
Time: This is a permanent full-time, laboratory-based position.
Please Email your CV and a cover letter addressing the requirements for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role.
Job Applicant Privacy Notice